This is the new (fifth) edition of the Biblia Hebraica. It is being published in parts (fascicles).
• Text of the Leningrad Codex, cited from new colour photographs
• Masorah magna and parva of Leningrad Codex are included with the text
• A single apparatus with all relevant textual variants at bottom of the page
• Two other Tiberian codices are collated for each book
• Qumran and Judean Desert fragments are collated
• All available pre-Tiberian witnesses for each textual case are noted
• Each book is also accompanied by a commentary
This text includes:
• General Introduction presenting Biblia Hebraica Quinta, characterizes the text and masorah of the base text, the particular use of resources, and the relation of BHQ to BHS and previous editions, etc.
• Ruth, Canticles (Song of Songs), Qoheleth (Ecclesiastes), Lamentations, and Esther
—Ruth prepared by J de Waard
—Canticles prepared by P B Dirksen
—Qoheleth prepared by Y A P Goldman
—Lamentations prepared by R Schäfer
—Esther prepared by M Saebo